Trusted by millions. Continuously innovating.
Autodesk®️ AutoCAD®️ drives design forward with enhanced automation. Eliminating painful counting, comparing Xrefs or DWGs, and adjusting to give time for meaningful design work.
Access specialised toolsets with industry-specific features including architecture, mechanical, and electrical. With this best-in-class product using TrustedDWG™ technology, experience relentless innovation and performance upgrades to keep you working faster.
Subscribe for a design experience with connections between Autodesk products including BIM 360® and Autodesk Docs and with cloud storage providers. Design with AutoCAD anywhere with AutoCAD web and mobile apps. Unapologetically innovative CAD.
Work faster with specialised toolsets
AutoCAD now includes industry-specific features and intelligent objects for architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical design, and more.
- Automate floor plans, sections, and elevations
- Draw piping, ducting, and circuiting quickly with parts libraries
- Auto-generate annotations, layers, schedules, lists, and tables
- Use a rules-driven workflow to accurately enforce industry standards
- AutoCAD web app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings from any device through the browser.
- AutoCAD mobile app – Create, edit and view CAD drawings on your mobile device.
- Save to web and mobile – Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the AutoCAD web and mobile apps, Xrefs included.
- Shared views – Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.
2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Text settings – Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Smart dimensioning – Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Leaders – Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Smart centerlines and center marks – Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Tables – Create tables with data & symbols in rows & columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds – Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Layouts – Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Layout viewports – Create layout viewports to display different elements of your design at varying scales.
- Fields – Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking – Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Data extraction – Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Parametric constraints – Apply geometric and dimensional constraints to maintain relationships between drawing geometry.
- Express tools – Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
3D modeling and visualisation
- Solid, surface, and mesh modeling – Create realistic 3D models of your design using a combination of solid, surface, and mesh modeling tools.
- 3D navigation (orbit, ViewCube, wheel) – Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk, and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Visual styles – Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting, and shading of your 3D model.
- Section planes – Create section planes to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Photorealistic rendering – Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- 3D scanning and point clouds – Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to create 3D representations.
- Base, projected, and section views – Generate 2D drawings including base, projected, section, and detail views from 3D models.
- Print Studio – Print Studio provides the tools needed to prepare models for supported 3D printers and materials.
- PDF and DGN import/export/underlay – Share and reuse data from PDF and DGN files by importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG and image references – Attach drawings and images to your current drawing as externally referenced files.
- Sheet set manager – View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as sheet sets.
- Reference Navisworks models – Attach and view Navisworks models as underlays to your AutoCAD drawings.
- Import 3D models – Import maps, parts, and assemblies from applications including CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, and others.
- Geographic location and online maps – Insert geographic location information into a drawing, and display a map in the drawing from an online map service.
Installation and customisation
- TrustedDWG technology – TrustedDWG™ technology lets you know of a possible incompatibility when a file was not last saved by an Autodesk software.
- Migration tool – Migrate your custom settings and files from previous releases.
- CUI customisation – Customise the user interface to improve accessibility and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Secure load – Specify security restrictions for running executables in AutoCAD to help protect against malicious executable code.
- Action recorder – Record commands and input values that can be played back as an action macro.
- Multi-user (network) license sharing – Pool licenses on a server to reduce costs when not all licenses are in use at the same time.
- Sysvar monitor – Monitor current system variables against a preferred list of values. Notification balloons alert you of deviations.
- Tools for managing CAD standards – Define and monitor CAD standards to maintain consistent styles for layers, linetypes, text, and dimensions.
- Autodesk App Store – Customize your software with Autodesk-approved extensions from the Autodesk App Store.
- Autodesk desktop app – Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.
Supported operating systems
64-bit Microsoft Windows 10.Processor
Single- or Multi-Core Intel®, Xeon®, or i-Series 64-bit processor or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology. Highest affordable CPU speed rating recommended.AutoCAD® software based products use multiple cores for many tasks.Recommended: 3+ GHz processorNetwork
Deployment via Deployment Wizard.The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2019.
• 16 GB
Conventional Displays: 1920×1080 with True Color
High Resolution & 4K Displays: Resolutions up to 3840×2160 supported on Windows 10, (with capable display card)
*Electrical: 20.0 GB
*Architecture: 16.0 GB
*MEP: 21.0 GB
*Mechanical: 12.0 GB
*Map 3D: 20.0 GB
*Plant 3D: 12.0 GB
Supported by the application (in areas like hatch, publish, and 3D navigation).
• 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX12 compliant
Continued system printer and HDI support
Visual Studio 2019 Pro 16.0
FLEXnet & Autodesk Licensing Service will be used for both the stand-alone and networked versions
Additional requirements for large datasets, point clouds, and 3D modeling
• 16 GB RAM or more
• 6 GB free hard disk available not including installation requirements
• 3840×2160 (4K) or greater True color video display adapter; 4 GB VRAM or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Direct3D® capable workstation class graphics card.
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products.
Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +61 (03) 8400 4597.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Named User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users.
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists.
The right tools to speed work
Access industry-specific features that help you be more efficient than ever before. Recent studies showed an average productivity gain of up to 63% for AutoCAD tasks completed with the help of a specialised toolset.*
- Access libraries of over 750,000 symbols, parts, and detail components.
- Automate the creation of annotations, layers, and properties.
- Easily create details and views from 3D models, and quickly generate schedules, lists, and tables
* As compared to basic AutoCAD. Study was designed by Autodesk and commissioned to an outside consultant. Your results may differ. Autodesk provides this information “as is”, without warranty of any kind.
Get AutoCAD wherever you go
Stay connected to your CAD drawings at job sites, at home, and in clients’ offices with the AutoCAD web and mobile apps, included with an AutoCAD subscription.
- AutoCAD web app: Edit, markup, share, and view CAD drawings in the web browser on any computer with the AutoCAD web app – no software installation needed.
- AutoCAD mobile app: View, edit, and create CAD drawings anytime, anywhere with the AutoCAD mobile app.
- Cloud storage connectivity: View and edit your CAD drawings stored in the Autodesk’s cloud or on any device with leading cloud storage providers.
- Access files wherever you are: Now you can easily open and edit your DWG files stored in Autodesk Docs and Autodesk Drive with the AutoCAD web app.
Get new features & enhancements
Enhance collaboration and streamline the review process. Safely review and provide feedback on a drawing in AutoCAD without altering the existing drawing. Works across desktop, web, and mobile.
Send controlled copies of your drawings to your team and colleagues, establishing access for those who need only to view and those who need to edit. Save time sharing your drawings with AutoCAD.
Automate counting tasks and reduce errors. Counting can be done by layer, mirror state, or scale. Counts easily update and can be exported into a dynamic table.
Push to Autodesk Docs
Improve productivity & reduce steps by publishing CAD drawing sheets as PDFs from AutoCAD to Autodesk Docs. Plus, you can access DWG files in Autodesk Docs anywhere with AutoCAD web app.
View and edit two drawings at the same time in fully functional windows side by side, or on multiple monitors. No need to open another instance of AutoCAD.
Redesigned Start Tab
The new AutoCAD start tab allows you to easily access files and other helpful content all in one place.
Reduce the amount of time setting up your software with faster and customisable installations. You can even work in AutoCAD while it’s being installed.
Experience faster performance including when plotting and for 3D graphics.
Productivity study – architecture
Productivity study – mechanical
Productivity study – electrical
Moving 2D to 3D
33 tips from AutoCAD users
Get it now
Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Revit to support CAD and BIM-based workflows for design, documentation, and construction.
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection >
Get AutoCAD together with Inventor Professional to connect 2D and 3D workflows, add project data management, and more.