Autodesk Civil 3D software is a civil engineering design and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows. Using Civil 3D, infrastructure professionals can improve project delivery, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to design changes
What’s new in the latest Civil 3D release
Civil 3D 2020
New and enhanced features in Civil 3D® civil engineering design software improve design-to-construction documentation workflows with efficiency for design, production, collaboration, and data exchange.
Dynamo for Civil 3D
Use Dynamo for programming and design automation. Define scripts and routines in a visual environment to design and expedite workflows.
Storm and sanitary analysis
Gravity network analysis
Civil 3D 2019
|Label property set data
Add custom data to Civil 3D object labels by using property sets.
|ENHANCED | InfraWorks interoperability
Use preliminary design models within Civil 3D.
|Advance roundabout design
Bring new roundabout designs into Civil 3D.
|Civil 3D with Revit
Enhance structural and civil design collaboration.
Improve Building Information Model (BIM) workflows with tools that help you improve project delivery, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to project changes.
New and enhanced features in AutoCAD® Civil 3D® civil engineering design software help you to:
- Find better ways of collaborating. Use InfraWorks 360™ preliminary models inside of Civil 3D® and take detailed design data back to the InfraWorks 360™ model more easily.
- Associate and re-associate drawing objects to data shortcuts with enhanced Data Shortcut collaboration tools.
- Streamline time-consuming tasks for road and highway design, parcel design, and pressure and gravity network design with new Civil Design enhancements.
- Boost efficiency with enhanced Civil 3D® and Vault Professional data organization tools.
- Create AutoCAD® Solids from AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Tin Surfaces, Pipe Networks, and Pressure Networks that can be used for visual analysis.
- Experience greater flexibility when designing and displaying corridor models with enhancements that include Corridor Target Specification by AutoCAD® layer capabilities and Subassembly Loop Support within the Subassembly Composer.
- Create production deliverables more efficiently by Crossing pipe labels within profile and section views, for pressure and gravity network pipe crossings. Cross section views now include – section display direction control.
- Enjoy improved performance and more flexibility when working with point cloud files. New reality capture enhancements help you create TIN surfaces in Civil 3D® from point cloud files generated in ReCap™.
- Help improve collaboration with new Interoperability and Data exchange enhancements.
- Improve workflows by enabling broader reuse of information generated during the design, construction, and operation of civil infrastructure projects that utilize bi-directional data conversion between Civil 3D® and Bentley GEOPAK and Bentley InRoads civil design software, available on Desktop or Maintenance Subscription.
- Import and Export AutoCAD® Solids to Industry Foundation Class (IFC) files for use in other applications.
|System requirements for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018|
|CPU Type||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Memory||4 GB (8 GB or more recommended)|
|Display Resolution||Conventional Displays:
1360 x 768 (1920 x 1080 recommended) with True Color
|Display Card||Windows display adapter capable of 1920 x 1080 with True Color capabilities and DirectX® 9 ¹. DirectX 11 compliant card recommended.
¹ DirectX 9 recommended by supported OS
|Disk Space||Installation 10 GB|
|Browser||Windows Internet Explorer® 11 or later|
|Pointing Device||MS-Mouse compliant|
|Media (DVD)||Download or installation from DVD|
|Multiple Processors||Supported by the application|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework Version 4.6|
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products.
Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +61 (03) 8400 4597.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Named User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users.
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists.
Use Civil 3D with InfraWorks and Revit
Improve site and building design coordination with shared coordinate systems
Civil 3D + Revit + InfraWorks + Navisworks + more
Move a building model into a site design using shared reference points. Then, use that same model to more accurately visualize and analyze the design.
Learn more about the AEC Collection >