Autodesk FeatureCAM Overview
Autodesk FeatureCAM® has new capabilities for applying feature recognition and a new turning strategy. Get enhanced collaboration, a better user experience including faster setup creation, and improvements for programming lathes and multi-tasking turning centers.
NOTE: FeatureCAM is now called Fusion 360 with FeatureCAM.
CNC programming software with feature recognition
FeatureCAM® CNC programming software includes feature recognition and automation tools to reduce programming time. Visualise safe toolpaths with simulation.
Automated CNC programming
- Program parts faster – Automate your workflow from design to NC code to help reduce programming time. View video
- Feature recognition – Use feature recognition to scan, identify, and create machinable features from your design View video
- Built-in intelligence – FeatureCAM can help select your tools, stepover, stepdown, and more, providing programming consistency. View video
- Programming control – Standardise and produce the results you want with libraries, configurations, and attributes. View video
Simulation and safety
- Collision avoidance – Use collision avoidance to trim toolpaths, tilt tools, and avoid selected regions of your model. View video
- Clamps and fixtures – When programming parts, FeatureCAM updates toolpaths to help avoid collisions with workholding devices. View video
- Stock models – Monitor the amount of remaining stock to avoid fresh air cutting and potential collisions. View video
- Simulation and visualisation – Avoid machine downtime. Highlight deviations between your programmed part and nominal design. View video
CNC machining applications
- CNC milling – FeatureCAM supports 3-, 4-, and 5-axis CNC mills with a range of configurations. View video
- CNC turning – Features to enhance programming lathes include automatic corner rounding, part handling, and more. View video
- Turn-mill centers – Optimise CNC programs for multitasking turn-mill centers to reduce cycle times. View video
- Swiss-type lathes – Simulate sliding stock motion, use automatic tool mapping, and get advanced synchronisation. View video
- Bar-fed mills – Program bar-fed mills, a type of mill-turn machine that combines continuous part production capabilities. Learn more
- Wire EDM machines – Program 2- and 4-axis wire EDMs. Achieve a high surface quality with wire-specific strategies. Learn more
- Comprehensive machine support – Program mills, mill-turns, lathes, turn-mills, Swiss lathes, bar-fed mills, wire EDMs, and more. Learn more
PartMaker CAM for Swiss-type lathes
PartMaker® software is a production-oriented CAM solution for manufacturing complex, high-precision parts with Swiss-type lathes.
- Swiss machining – Choose from multiple Swiss strategies, based on your available tooling and production volume.
- Cycle time efficiency – Synchronise and optimise your machining operations and processes. Maximise machine utilisation.
- CNC compatibility and simulation – Program a wide range of Swiss lathes from machine tool manufacturers globally.
- NC code – Edit and control your NC code. View, align, and edit your NC code and postprocessors.
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products.
Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +61 (03) 8400 4597.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Named User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users.
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists.
CADPRO Systems Post Processor development and adjustment service gives you a readily accessible method of requesting posts online.
You can submit the request form and provide all the information requested, to allow our engineering experts to accurately assess the time and costs involved in developing or adjusting your post.
If you do not have all the information requested on the form or are unable to provide us with the mandatory detail required, then simply fill out the contact us form here and one of our CAM Specialists will contact you shortly.
Move from CAD design to machined-quality parts faster
FeatureCAM® CNC programming software automates your workflow from design to NC code. Reduce programming time and increase consistency for a range of CNC applications.
Standardise practices and promote repeatability
- FeatureCAM CNC programming software uses manufacturing knowledge to intelligently make decisions, produce results, and remove repetitive processes
- Manufacturers can standardise best practices and quality standards, and promote repeatability between all employees using the same setup
FeatureCAM gives you comprehensive machine support
- Use a single interface for all your CNC applications
- Get more from your 3-axis to 5-axis mills, lathes, turn-mill centers, Swiss lathes, and wire EDMs
- Use simulation tools to visualise programming within your machining envelope
FeatureCAM® is now available through Fusion 360, giving you access to:
- FeatureCAM Ultimate
- Fusion 360
- Fusion 360 – Manufacturing Extension
- Fusion Team
Accelerate ideas, eliminate the disconnect with engineering teams, and turn concepts into profitable products with a single solution.
Improve your speed with automation, while gaining more control of your machine and processes.
Fusion 360 – Team
Remove the silos from traditional design and manufacturing processes and utilise a modern collaboration environment regardless of role.
Utilise CAD-embedded 2.5- to 5-axis milling, turning and mill-turn capabilities to reduce cycle time and re-work.