Autodesk® PowerMill® is expert CAM software for manufacturers of molds, dies and highly complex componentswanting to achieve the maximum quality, control, and efficiency from their CNC machines. Access a vast library of toolpath strategies and combine with advanced optimisation tools to generate the NC code needed to produce exceptional quality parts.
Use powerful simulation tools to validate and enhance the motion of 5-axis machines. Start making parts faster with expert CAM performance Whether you’re new to CAM programming or a seasoned pro – PowerMill makes it even easier to machine large or complex parts, where quality, accuracy and efficiency are critical. Ultra-efficient algorithms and exceptional levels of customisation and control allow you to create, verify and optimise toolpaths to machine the most challenging parts. Boost your productivity by embedding your unique manufacturing expertise into automated templates that can be shared across your engineering team.
Facing these challenges?
High-speed and 5-axis CAM
Features in PowerMill® enable easier 5-axis programming, simulation, and verification, so manufacturers can get more from their subtractive, additive, and hybrid machines.
- Exper performance – Rapid calculation of toolpaths for large or complex parts. Machine surfaces, solids, or meshes. View video
- High-speed roughing – Cut parts faster with high-efficiency roughing. Prolong tool life and reduce maintenance costs. View video
- Comprehensive finishing – Access a vast library of toolpaths. Improve surface finish, while minimising manual polishing. View video
- Toolpath optiomisation – Make global or localised edits to your toolpaths without the need for lengthy recalculations. View video
- Surface probing ULTIMATE (additional subscriber benefits) – Create probing toolpaths to measure parts with spindle probes. Subscribers can share 3D reports with Autodesk Drive. Learn more
- Machining setups – Manage workplanes, stock and clamps when programming parts using multiple operations. Learn more
- Posts in the cloud (subscription only) – Use a secure, cloud-based platform to manage CNC post-processors. Learn more
- Autodesk Drive (subscription only) – Securely store, preview, and share PowerMill data with project stakeholders. Learn more
- Ribbon interface – Improved interface and user experience. Make better use of the 3D view, and quickly access commonly used commands. Learn more
- 2.5D programming – Interactively create 2D features, toolpaths, and NC code. Automatically check for collisions and minimise air cutting. Learn more
- Rib machining (PREMIUM, ULTIMATE) – Produce cutter-friendly toolpaths to mill ribs in molds and dies. Use as a low-cost alternative to EDM. Learn more
- Every CAD support – Import surfaces, solids, or meshes from mainstream CAD systems. Create high-quality NC code regardless of model quality.
5-axis programming and multi-axis machining
- Efficient 3+2 programming – Machine difficult-to-reach features with fewer setups, shorter tools, and more aggressive feeds and speeds. View video
- 5-axis machining (PREMIUM, ULTIMATE) – Go beyond 3+2 with continuous 5-axis machining. Machine the most challenging parts more safely and efficiently. View video
- Auto tool tilting (PREMIUM, ULTIMATE) – Simplify the process of creating collision-free 5-axis toolpaths with automatic tool axis tilting. View video
- Expert 5-axis control (PREMIUM, ULTIMATE) – Make global or localized edits to 5-axis toolpaths for improved machine motion and shorter cycle times. View video
- Interactive collision avoidance – Use interactive tools to help identify and repair toolpath motion that can cause collisions or near misses. Learn more
- Automatic orientation vectors – Improve the synchronisation between 5-axis simulations and actual NC program output. Learn more
- Dynamic machine control in region (PREMIUM, ULTIMATE) – Select multiple regions of your toolpaths, use a virtual CNC machine to dynamically apply alternative tool axis settings. Learn more
- Comprehensive tool support – Access a comprehensive suite of tool types, including barrel cutters, and combine with 3- and 5-axis strategies to meet your machining needs.
Machine simulation and verification
- Stock simulation – Dynamic ViewMill now provides improved image quality. New options to detect and display collisions with stock. Learn more
- Stock analysis – Quickly identify material left unmachined using color-coded shading modes. Learn more
- Collision checking and avoidance – Get tools to find and remove collisions and near misses. Analyse your entire CAM project for greater confidence. Learn more
- Analyse machine motion – Simulate your toolpaths and NC programs using a virtual CNC machine. Highlight over-travel and rotary axis reversals. Learn more
- Optimising machine motion – Dynamically orientate your virtual CNC machine tool to use shorter tools and more aggressive feeds and speeds. Learn more
- Verification exports – Quickly transfer your NC programs and associated data to third-party verification software for added peace of mind.
- Trusted NC code output – Output high-quality NC code for your machines. Access the latest machining functions on major NC controllers.
Industry machining solutions
- Additive manufacturing [ULTIMATE (subscription only)] – Create, control, and simulate deposition strategies for driving high-rate additive processes. View video
- Industrial robots (PREMIUM, ULTIMATE) – Offline programming and simulation of robots. Analyse axis motion to reduce singularities and over-travel. View video
- Electrode manufacture (PREMIUM, ULTIMATE) – Automate the manufacture of electrodes for EDM. Define machining templates and apply to families of parts. View video
- Blisk and impeller machining (ULTIMATE) – Use 5-axis machining to produce blisks, IBRs, and impellers. Create smoother roughing and finishing toolpaths. View video
- Turning CAM – Gain turning strategies for use on 5-axis mill-turn machines. Combine with milling toolpaths for fewer machine setups. Learn more
- Turning improvements – Make edits to turning toolpaths without lengthy recalculation. Check for collisions and apply to 3D stock model. Learn more
- Blade milling (ULTIMATE) – Get tools to machine turbine blades, vanes, and other airfoils. Use specialised toolpaths with smooth 5-axis motion. Learn more
- Port and manifold manufacture (ULTIMATE) – Use 5-axis milling to cut ports. Control engagement angle and cutter push off, and minimise manual polishing. Learn more
Expert control and optimisation
- Link control – Control noncutting toolpath connection moves. Minimize air cutting, avoid dwell marks, and improve surface finish. Learn more
- Customisation and automation – Embed your expertise into templates, macros, and toolbars. Minimise programming time and human error. Learn more
- Tooling database – Build a searchable tool database and share across your engineering team for greater process control. Learn more
- Setup sheets – Share vital information with your shop-floor operators. Minimise setup time, and help avoid costly mistakes. Learn more
Autodesk Licensing Explained
Autodesk licenses are designed to make using our products easier, no matter what project you’re working on. Whether you’re in school, a small design team or a multi-national corporation; choosing the right license is an important step in getting the most out of our products.
Learn more about all Autodesk licensing options below or if you need help with a license you’ve already purchased, contact us at +61 (03) 8400 4597.
Autodesk Licensing Options
- Named User: For individuals or small to medium businesses requiring a specific number of users.
- Students & educators: Prepare the next generation of architects, engineers and digital artists.
CADPRO Systems Post Processor development and adjustment service gives you a readily accessible method of requesting posts online.
You can submit the request form and provide all the information requested, to allow our engineering experts to accurately assess the time and costs involved in developing or adjusting your post.
If you do not have all the information requested on the form or are unable to provide us with the mandatory detail required, then simply fill out the contact us form here and one of our CAM Specialists will contact you shortly.
PowerMill Overview Video
PowerMill® 5-axis CAM software provides expert CNC programming strategies for complex 3- and 5-axis subtractive, high-rate additive, and hybrid manufacturing.
Solve complex problems with dedicated CNC strategies
Access a vast library of strategies. Reduce programming times with rapid toolpath calculation.
- Shorten machining times with high-efficiency 3- and 5-axis NC code.
- Improve control with advanced toolpath editing.
- Automate programming with customisable templates and macros.
Maximise CNC machine efficiency and part quality
- Automatically avoid collisions and gouges.
- Simulate, verify, and optimise motion of CNC machines and industrial robots.
- Improve productivity with lights-out machining.
- Minimise the need for manual polishing.
See how PowerMill works with other Autodesk software
PowerMill + PowerShape (video: 2.05 min.)
Get modeling for manufacture tools to help prepare complex parts for machining. Find and repair faults with imported data. Create additional geometry to enhance CAM programming.
PowerMill + Moldflow (video: 1:51 min.)
Engineers and analysts use Moldflow software for plastic injection molding simulation to improve plastic part designs, injection mold designs, and manufacturing processes.
PowerMill + PowerInspect (video: 1:41 min.)
PowerInspect can help you validate and control the precision of manufacturing processes. Use in-cycle measurements on CNC machinery to shorten setup times, confirm part quality, and improve productivity.
PowerMill + Netfabb (video: 51 sec.)
Make the most of additive and subtractive manufacturing. Use 3D printing to produce lightweight parts with internal latticing. Then, finish critical features with precision CNC machining.